My Android based phone (HTC Desire) has sporadically been losing sync between the Calendar application and my Google Calendar via my Gmail account.
It has frustrated me for many days now and have been attempting to find a solution that works. Loads of forums talk about rooting your phone, deleting certain Google folders and files, hard resetting your phone and even ringing your mobile phone provider to remove the 18+ rating on the phone service!
It seems I have actually found a solution that actually works and doesnt mean any of the hard (and risky) work suggested above! In just a few minutes you can get your Google Calendar back on your Android based device.
1. Settings > Wireless > ‘Enable Airplane Mode’
2. Settings > Accounts and sync > Untick ‘Background data’ and ‘Auto sync’ options
3. Power off the phone
4. Power on the phone
5. Settings > Wireless > Switch off ‘Airplane Mode’ Then connect via Wifi
6. Settings > Accounts and sync > If the account is missing ‘Add account’ and follow those instructions or select the required account and press the sync button within it. You should see the sync logo appear in your menu bar if it IS working!
7. Next Enable ‘Background data’ and ‘Auto sync’options. Start the sync and wait (it could take some time!)
More importantly I found that uninstalling the Google+ application from my phone actually made the calendar re-appear and syncing now works as before! If you have Google+ installed it’s definatly worth a go first!
Even though this method worked for me the first time it didn’t seem to the second time – but following this Google link did! http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=114500